Friday, January 31, 2014

This Week's Obsessions: Typography Fashion

So this week we had some excitement at our house. We had a water damaged wall repaired and the bathroom repainted, so everything was turned upside down for a few days. We were bedroom and bathroom displaced, and it felt so odd to be in different parts of the house doing everything. It made me think about how important a routine is to sticking to something consistently. This is especially true with weight loss.

If you're trying to lose weight and struggling, try to get into a regular habit of when you eat. Plan out your meals and your snacks at the beginning of the week and stick to a schedule. I have found that when I approach food more regularly by eating at around the same time and planning what I will eat or at least how I will divide my calories ahead of time, it becomes natural.

It's hard to adjust to anything when you don't do it consistently, but when you get on a routine it becomes second nature.

Maybe it was the fact that everything was all shook up this week, but for some reason, I couldn't get those cute nails I commented on in that photo of Miley Cyrus earlier this week out of my head. So I did some fashion searching and online window shopping. Hence--this week's theme is words, letters and typography! Without further ado--here are my weekly obsession.


1. Dress of the Week

Moschino, 2013

I love the font and the simplicity of the two-color look and with the scarf it is flawless.


2. Skirt of the Week


 Poem Writing Skirt, Chez Margot Vintage, Etsy, $30

This lovely piece is handmade. I love the font and the idea of writing out the numbers. This one might have to go in my wardrobe.


3. Top of the Week

V-neck T-Shirt, Hello Minky, Etsy, $28.95
This is one of many beautiful t-shirts in this shop on Etsy. I love the mix of typefaces.


4. Shoes of the Week
I Love You Ballet Flats, TopShop, 2010

WILL.BE.STALKING.EBAY.FOR.THESE. I am in love with these shoes. How could you not be? They're sweet sunny yellow and printed with the sweetest words you can hear.


5.Accessory of the Week

Brighton Beach Scarf, Kate Spade, $128
I love the typography with the carnival theme inspired by Brighton Beach. Also, it seems that so many typography pieces are black and white. This scarf looks lovely tied. It's a bit of a splurge, though.

6. Jewelry of the Week

Custom Initial Necklace, Crankyhayes, Etsy, $24

The vintage look of these is sweet. I don't know if I'd get my initial or my son's if I were going to buy one. Or maybe a Q. I always feel bad for Q. It's always stuck with U and never gets any alone time.


7. Beauty of the Week
Newsprint Nail Decals, NailSpin, Etsy, $5

I know you can do this newsprint deal on your own without decals...except if I try it, I'll have one beautiful hand and one that looks like I did it with my eyes shut. Decals would be the way for me! There are actually a lot of really unusual decals in this shop. Worth a look-see.


So that's that...my typography fashion obsessions of the week. I will be back Sunday with what I ate this week and some tips. See you next time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment