Wednesday, January 29, 2014

8 Cute Pairs of Mid-Rise Jeans to Prevent a Muffin Top

SURPRISE! I said I wasn't going to post tonight but I decided to do a sneaky late night Wednesday post. 

Muffin tops are pretty awesome when they're on muffins. Not so much when they're on the ladies, am I right? Lots of women are prone to muffin toppage. I know I am. I've lost a lot of weight in my midsection, but I'm still a little saggy and I have loose skin from the weight loss. Even very thin women can have trouble in this area if they've had children, so what do you about it?

Well, muffin tops happen when your jeans fit too low and push your stomach up. So basically you need jeans that sit higher on the waist. A lot of fashion experts will recommend high-waist jeans, but it's difficult to find those that aren't...well, mom jeans. Don't get me wrong. I'm a mom, and I love being one. But I don't want my jeans to give it away!

So mid-rise for me is the way to go. Today, I spent some time looking around for cute mid-rise jeans, and here are my top picks--all $100 or less (most are much less)!

1. Misses Skinny

 

Skinny jeans are a big thing, and these Big Star Alex Mid Rise Skinny Jeans from 6pm.com are great. I love the dark wash with the lighter knees.They're reasonably priced too at $34.99. The picture's kinda tiny, but head over to the site. You'll love them. 6PM has free shipping too! 

2. Plus 


These are one of several super cute pairs of mid rise James Jeans for Plus on super sale at Ideeli, the Daily Deals site. These jeans sell for over $175, and they are on a daily seal sale for under $25. If you want to check them out, you need to register here and then here's the link for the entire sales, so you can see all of the James Jeans looks.

3. Petites


I'm a shortie so I'm used to taking my jeans to the tailor, but every now and then it's nice to find a pair that just fits the first try. The Levi's Women's Petite Mid Rise Skinny Jean is mid rise and petite, so it's a winning combination. These are between $40 and $45 depending on the color at Amazon.

4. Misses Boot




 I know skinny is in, but I still love boot cuts. The Mavi Jeans Ashley Mid-Rise Slim Boots are the perfect combination of mid-rise and boot, and they're $36.99 at 6pm.com.

5. Plus 

 

A big mistake that I made as a plus was wearing my jeans to baggie. Picking styles that hug your curves is often more slimming that trying to hide in a boxy fit. These Levi's Women's Plus-Size Mid Rise Triple Needle Stitch Skinny Jeans hug the curves and have a touch of elastane for stretch. They're $43 to $50 at Amazon right now.

6. Misses Skinny Stretch


J. Brand is THE brand among celebrities now and I found these awesome J Brand afterlife stretch mid-rise skinny jeans on Bluefly for $99. They're stretch skinnies, so they still have a comfy fit but with that silhouette that's all the rage right now.

7. Vintage 4/6 


Okay, vintage lovers. These mid rise jeans are Levi's Red Lines. Collectible jeans, we're talking here. As of the time of this writing, these jeans are $95 and are 85% off, making them $14.25. For serious. Buy these if they fit you. BUY THEM. Just make sure you enter "SWEETDEALS" when you checkout to get the discount. Also you need to register to here before you can find the jeans here.

 


8.  Misses Flares 

I like the Lucky Brand Women's "Sweet N Low" Slight Flare Mid Rise Jeans because they have the classic flare shape but it's not full on bell bottom. I'll wear bells...but not for every day jeans. Just my taste! These jeans are $49 on Amazon. I think that's a pretty good price for Lucky!

So there you have it...my 8 picks for mid-rise jeans or how to hide a muffin top with jeans!

P.S. Thanks to reader and friend, Jennifer for the idea for this post! If anyone else wants me to cover something fashion or weight loss or some awesome fashion and weight loss hybrid topic, leave me a message in the Comments or hit me up on the Facebook page.

See you Friday for Favorite Things Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment